"I make the bed and look at the bars that cover the whole prison, the turret with its windows and powerful spotlights. I remember when I told you, “Whatever happens, we’ll look up at the sky, the constellation of Orion and the moon, and we’ll remember this moment.” I think I may have lied to you. From here the spotlights impede the view of the moon and the stars. I close my eyes from fatigue. Sleep enters softly, pleasantly, it surrounds me, until finally I’m in the forests and mountains again, you both look at me and laugh, the little hummingbird points his finger at me, “ile nuna” (look, moon) and I say to him, “Yes son, the moon,” and we escape again, and I no longer belong to the prison."
- Hans Niemeyer, Requiem for the Passing Moon
We are working on…
Counter-Info and Translation
Prisoners to the Street
anarchistnews dot org – The goal of anarchistnews.org is to provide a non-sectarian source for news about and of concern to anarchists.
- Demonstrations across France and Italy after the Death of Remi Fraisse
- Beyond The Battlefield: The Kurdish Women's Radical Struggle
- Memorial to Loukanikos “Riot Dog” to Appear at November RRFM
- Reportback - Ché Café Eviction Defence March - San Diego, California
- Appendix on Writer's Block and Erectile Dysfunction
- Nazis threaten to destroy Rote Flora, Hamburg. Antifascists call for mobilization – 15th November (Germany) October 31, 2014
- Reflections on the advance of repression in Chile and solidarity with Juan, Nataly and Guillermo ($hile) October 30, 2014
- 1 Nov: global rally for Kobane, against ISIS (London/World) October 28, 2014
- Demo at Turkish capitalists’ Savoy ball (London) October 28, 2014
- Comrade killed by police defending the wetland of Testet (ZAD, France) October 28, 2014
- [Paris] A few spokes in the wheels of some of those responsible for expulsion and imprisonment … October 30, 2014
- [Gaillac / Nantes] No candles or white marches, VENGEANCE! October 30, 2014
- Claim of responsibility for a bank arson in Thessaloniki, Greece (10/9/2014) October 30, 2014
- GREECE – DIALOGUE BETWEEN KONTRA NEWSPAPER AND IMPRISONED ANARCHIST COMRADES CONCERNING THE STANCE OF THE COMRADES IN THE TERROR-TRIALS October 28, 2014
- France: Protester killed in clashes with police at the ZAD of Testet October 27, 2014
- Madrid: Anarchist squat La Gatonera evicted October 31, 2014
- The misery of Belgrade’s student Left October 31, 2014
- To Whom It May Concern October 30, 2014
- Costa Rica: Butcher shop sabotaged in Alajuela October 30, 2014
- Messolonghi, Greece: Police station attacked twice after two plainclothes cops punched and kicked two comrades October 30, 2014
TagsArgentina Billy Augustan Bolivia Bombs Case Canada Carla Verdugo Chile Conspiracy of Cells of Fire Costantino "Costa" Ragusa Denver Earth Liberation Front Eric McDavid Francisco Solar Freddy Fuentevilla G20 Gabriel Pombo Da Silva Greece Hunger Strike Individualists Tending toward the Wild Indonesia Informal Anarchist Federation international counter-information and translation network International Revolutionary Front Italy Ivan Silva Juan Aliste Luca "Billy" Bernasconi Luciano "Tortuga" Pitronello Marcelo Villarroel Marco Camenisch Marie Mason Mauricio Morales Mexico Montreal Mónica Caballero Portland Reyhard "Eat" Rumbayan Russia Santiago Seattle Security Case Silvia Guerini Spain United Kingdom United States
Tag Archives: Douglas Wright
from anews: A Wells Fargo in Seattle had some of its windows broken last night as a small gesture of solidarity with Gabriel Pomba da Silva who is currently imprisoned in Germany and is facing renewed repression under Operation Ardire … Continue reading
from anews: I just wanted to give a quick update on one of the Cleveland 5 prisoner’s (Douglas L. Wright) and a sincere thank you for everyone’s concerns, well wishes, and actions regarding Doug being thrown into solitary and subsequent … Continue reading
from cleveland5justice: On July 11th the support group received a message from Doug stating that he began a hunger strike on Saturday (7.7.12). The transcribed message is below.
from anews: This rant I hope you’re about to read is an amalgamation of strong emotions and revelations regarding my comrades, the Cleveland 5, since this nightmare started. I would like to start by dispelling any misunderstandings folks may have … Continue reading
from anews: After almost two months of imprisonment, repression and an intense campaign of media demonization, the Cleveland 5 remain strong and solid in their refusal to cooperate with the FBI.
Bay Area, CA: 24 ATMs sabotaged in solidarity with comrades in St. Louis and those facing repression in the Midwest
from anews (links added): Early June 1st, we carried out a campaign of diffuse sabotage in solidarity with our friends and comrades in the Midwest. Specifically, we attacked ATMs and surveillance cameras in San Francisco, Oakland and Berkeley. In all, … Continue reading
from anews: We express solidarity with the Cleveland 5 without a doubt. We stand in the spirit of revolt against the ruling order that seeks to dominate us. The enemy here is clear—the State, the FBI, their informants and their … Continue reading
from indymedia: The purpose of guerrilla attack is to spread the struggle into different territories and facets of life. Finance, judicial, communications, military and transport infastructure will continue to be targets of the new generation of urban low-intensity warfare – … Continue reading
from Rob los Ricos (blog): ANARCHISTS MARGINALIZED AS TERRORISTS: standing beside the comrades duped into an fbi bomb conspiracy as if the job of marginalizing the anarchist movement in the u.s. was not already being championed by cowards within the occupy … Continue reading
from the press: Five self-described anarchists have been arrested in a plot to blow up a bridge in Cleveland, Ohio, but the public was never in any danger, the FBI said Tuesday.